Friday, October 24, 2008

Musically speaking...

I listen to music, all kinds. I was exposed to music at a relatively young age. At the time, my brothers & sisters were into 70's discos, & listened to the bee gees, boney m & abba. We also listened to local pop songs from the likes black dog bone, alleycats, carefree. my brother was also in a band playing at small functions like kenduri kawin. my brother teached me how to play the guitar when I was 7, i think. Then, when my sister got married, my brother's band would play. that's when my brother teached me piano a bit. after that, i learned my own, mostly from reading guitar chord books & listening the guitar sound. In 80's i turned to rock since everybody's listening to that & the names deep purple, scorpions & more locally, sweet charity came to mind, before some heavier stuffs from iron maiden & black sabbath took over.

Since I love the guitar, Van Halen became my obsession since the guitarist, Eddie, was regarded as the best at the time. Of course, my school friend would always say that Tony Iommy is better...well. I got hold of all the early van halen albums & really fascinated by the guitar sound & technique. Album-wise, I still regard their "1984" as one of the best all times, followed by "Fair Warning". The best album of Black Sabbath is "Heaven & Hell", ironically without the original frontman Ozzy. To me, Dio has the best rock vocals & it shows in this album. I don't leave out Ozzy however, as I also like his solo albums in the 80's, when Jake Lee was his guitarist. Oh yeah, apart from discos & rocks, I do listen to popular music from Madonna, Kylie & the likes back in the 80's & 90's. I still have a few full albums of them, but not so much of their recent offerings.

Sadly, now I don't have a favorite among the active singers/bands. I have stopped buying full albums nowadays. There are songs that I like to listen to but they are all scattered here & there.

2 comments:

sskapitan said...

i thought u like hujan?anyway nice blog dude

ajay said...

hujan ok.. tapi tak lah sampai nak beli satu album dia org